Sunday, September 04, 2005

My new (to me) Laptop

So I decided one day that I wanted a laptop computer. Not for any good reason other than just to have one. Since I could not justify buying one in my current financial situation I decided to pray that someone would give me one. I prayed this and then thought about it every once in awhile. About 2 weeks ago I was cleaning up my cabin to move back to the Greenbean and I found a laptop buried under clothes on the porch. My first thought was where the heck did this come from. Then I remembered Dan had left it and said it didn't work. So I emailed him and asked if he wanted it. He said no and he did not know what was wrong with it.

I have not had any time to mess around with it until this morning. I finished installing windows XP and the computer seemed to work fine only it would not connect to the internet and it is missing the battery. I found the driver for the ethernet card, installed it and now it works! I am now looking on ebay for a wireless card and battery and then it should be completely fine. I'll write more when I am finished with it and it works completely.

Interesting what prayers God chooses to answer yes to?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trim Weight LossprofitsWeight loss and profits items

Chris H said...

hey man......good to hear from ya. I's wierd to think you guys are at the ranch. It doesn't take long to gat back into the groove of things once ya leave, lemme tell ya....maybe that's just how life is???? So, since I broke down for like 3 days in b-ham, I forgot to leave your tent at Curry's. I was actually just thinking about it. Can you gimme an adress to mail it to and it should be there by the end of September.See ya man