Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What am I doing?

Finally, the long awaited update is here. For some reason I have had a hard time motivating myself to update the blog lately.

I have spent most of the past few months working with my dad to open a cigar store. We finally opened about 2 months ago. I have learned alot through the whole process. Now I am there all of the time. It is amazing how much time went into it. I meet crazy interesting people every day there. Sometimes it is alot of fun but other times it drives me insane.

For the past several months I felt like I had not made alot of progress and then it seems like everything happened all at once. The new store opened, I moved into a house, and things started coming together with my church.

My roomates and I are in the middle of tearing out 2 bathrooms in our house and completely renovating them. It is fun but none of us really have enough time to do it right now so it is taking longer than it should. After the bathrooms we have alot of landscaping to do.

The Grand Opening for the store is next week. It should bring in lots of new people. A local radio station will broadcast their afternoon show from the store on Tuesday and one of the Cigar companies will be here giving away sample cigars.

Jim and I are going to be in a road bike race this weekend near Montgomery. It is my first race. It should be fun if it doesn't rain. I want to start doing these races whenever I have time.

Lake Season is finally here! My favorite time of the year. The boat is running great (1983 Ski Nautique). I wakeboarded Sat and Sunday last week. I am very out of shape. It has been about a year since I have been able to go alot. The weather on Logan Martin lake was great. I think it is going to rain this weekend.

No comments: