Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Scott Valley is beautiful

I have been really tired lately and just kind of out of it so I decided I need to exercise more. Usually when I start to feel like this it is because I haven't been very active. I left after dinner last night to ride the miner's loop. It is a great ride that takes about 45 minutes. On the first turn I took I was struck by the beauty of Scott Valley. There were 2 horses playing in this field with the sunset and the entire valley in the background. Around the next corner a huge 8 point buck in velvet jumped right in front of my bike. I rode further and passed to many deer to count and about 25 turkeys in a field. For the next 4o minutes or so of my ride I felt so blessed to be here and reminded myself I need to take advantage of this wonderful place as much as I can in my last month here. This is truly an incredible place.

1 comment:

Scott Valley Girl said...

I grew up in Scott Valley. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I sure do miss it when I'm gone. Thanks for the nice read.

scottvalleygirl@gmail.com